Who are we?
Gardner & Scardifield is a local family owned Builders Merchants, Electrical Wholesalers and DIY Suppliers based in Lancing, but operating throughout Sussex. We have a long and fascinating history of circa 100 years, and have been under current ownership since the 1970’s.
We have strong family values and provide an environment where our colleagues are valued, respected and have the opportunity to progress. We pride ourselves in serving local customers, supporting local suppliers and being an active member of our local community.
Over the last 15 years we have seen considerable expansion, and are ambitious to continue our growth strategy as we strive to be better tomorrow than today by innovating and adapting both our goods and services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maximising and growing sales by developing sales leads, following up on enquiries and building customer relationships
- Delivering the high quality customer service Gardner and Scardifield strives to always achieve
- Maintain a high standard of health and safety and housekeeping in your depot
- Any administration, stock management or ad-hoc tasks the manager, or branch, requires
- Work closely with other branches to ensure Gardner and Scardifield can provide a complete service to all customers
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience of working in a Builders Merchant is preferred
- Experience in a previous customer service or sales role.
- Positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to support and work with your colleagues
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Great communication and people skills
What do we offer you?
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days annual leave(inc. public holidays)
- 45 hours per week standard working week
- Standard Life Pension Scheme
- Branch locations throughout the beautiful county of Sussex
- Staff discount