We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working internal sales person at our Horsham Ironmongery, Timber and Decorating store.
Who are we?
Gardner & Scardifield is a local family owned Builders Merchants, Electrical Wholesalers and DIY Suppliers based in Lancing, but operating throughout Sussex. We have a long and fascinating history of circa 100 years, and have been under current ownership since the 1970’s.
We have strong family values and provide an environment where our colleagues are valued, respected and have the opportunity to progress. We pride ourselves in serving local customers, supporting local suppliers and being an active member of our local community.
Over the last 15 years we have seen considerable expansion, and are ambitious to continue our growth strategy as we strive to be better tomorrow than today by innovating and adapting both our goods and services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maximising sales, showcasing product knowledge and building relationships with customers
- Delivering the high quality customer service Gardner and Scardifield strives to always achieve
- Undertaking any tasks required at the branch, including but not exhaustively, ordering and dealing with suppliers and stock management, ensuring procedures are followed
- Merchandising the branch’s stock
- Maintain a high standard of health and safety and housekeeping in the branch
- Excellent customer service skills
- Work closely with other branches to ensure Gardner and Scardifield can provide a complete service to all customers
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience of working in a Ironmongers/DIY Suppliers/Builders Merchant is preferred; any retail experience is beneficial
- Drivers Licence is preferred but not essential
- Forklift licence is beneficial - training will be provided if not
- Capacity to lift 20-25 Kg
- Positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to support and work with your colleagues
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Great communication and people skills