We are looking for a Management Accountant to assist our financial director in producing management information and the preparation of the company accounts. The role will be varied, needing organisation and a strong attention to detail to ensure all reporting is completed in a timely fashion and with strong accuracy. The individual will need to be proactive and show critical thinking as they will be independent and will be taking a lead on getting a lot of the reports and processes in place. The successful candidate will need to have competent IT skills and be a qualified, or part-qualified, accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA).
Gardner & Scardifield is a local family-owned Builders Merchants, Electrical Wholesalers and DIY Suppliers based in Lancing, but operating throughout Sussex. We have a long and fascinating history of circa 100 years, and have been under current ownership since the 1970’s.
We have strong family values and provide an environment where our colleagues are valued, respected and have the opportunity to progress. We pride ourselves in serving local customers, supporting local suppliers and being an active member of our local community.
Over the last 15 years we have seen considerable expansion, and are ambitious to continue our growth strategy as we strive to be better tomorrow than today by innovating and adapting both our goods and services.
- Take responsibility for creating the monthly management accountants for all branches, providing management information to branch managers and senior management
- Stock analysis and sales variance reports
- Assist with the production and analysis of reports outside of the standard management information for managers and branches
- Assist with the production of the year end accounts and the subsequent audit
- Assist with the production of the quarterly VAT returns
- Assist in the preparation of any reconciliations and investigate results.
- Fixed Asset Accounting
- Assist the financial director with any other ad hoc financial or management information requests or tasks
- Be part of the general head office team and assist with management where required
- Be prepared to undertake administrative or other ad-hoc tasks, where necessary
- Assist with bookkeeping tasks, including accounting journals
- Review processes and recommend changes where necessary
Qualifications and Skills
- Accountancy qualification or in the later stages of studying for one (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Experience of creating and analysing management reports and information
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and ideally SQL
- Numerically and commercially minded
- Strong attention to detail to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Competent in Business English and able to write emails and letters
- Good verbal communication skills